- Your child will learn / practice with an Early Childhood Dutch primary school speaking teacher, with lots of experience. All of this while playing and having fun! During my Online lessons I use pedagogical materials and games: Audio, video, multimedia, language method books, lots of music (and dance, when possible), handicrafts and lots of language and maths games :-)
- Your child will also practice with free CITO/LOVS toets (CITO/LOVS test) material
- Online lessons are intensive and very useful when, logistically, it is complicated to bring the child to a face to face lesson. Especially during the whole COVID-19 situation, Online lessons proved to be a very effective tool and a good way to keep up the progress and efficient work regarding Dutch learning.
- Moreover, when also offering Online lessons to our children, we are also preparing them for their future:
- I have been working in public Dutch schools as preschool teacher (4 to 6 y.o. toddlers). I know exactly what your child needs to feel happy and succeed in a Dutch class
- I have a very international background and understand very well different cultures. I have lived in six different countries and I am also fluent in English, French and Spanish. I definitely know what it feels to be expat and language learner :-)
- I have been teaching languages for several years (children, teenagers and adults)
I am a proud mother of two multilingual young children
I own two Degrees: One in Advanced Montessori with Early Childhood Care and Education, aimed at 3 to 12 years old children, and a Master in General Linguistics (University of Amsterdam)
- Moreover, I have a valid First Aid Certificate from the Dutch Red Cross for children and babies (in Dutch: EHBO Rode Kruis Nederland)
- I have significant experience with children, Early Childhood Care and Education and child psychology. I have also done several internships in different Early Years Education settings, with children between 9 months old and 9 years old, and also with visually impaired children, children with Down Syndrome and children with Autism
- Also, your child will get free access to our personal practice space / digital classroom, with lots of material to learn and practice at home.
- Your child will get homework on a regular basis (with exception of the younger groups (4-6 years old).
- At the end of every three months, your child will get a report and observations of all lessons held. You will get personal advice and tips of how you could help your child make (more) progress
- I believe that building up self-confidence and self-esteem are the keys to success, for children as well as for adults. Moreover, I strongly believe in easy, fun and structured learning, with heart, feeling and passion to help our (new) expat community learn good Dutch!
I offer free trial lesson and 20% discount for returning students (Please, contact Juf Julia for conditions regarding 20% discount for returning students)
Whenever necessary or requested, I give extra help and information about transition to the Dutch school system
Also, I provide general* advice about Dutch language development of your child (*) For medical advice, please contact a speech therapist ("logopedist" in Dutch)
- I really believe in children and I care with all my heart about children and their well-being. I proudly support the following national and international organizations: